Personal Information Collection Statement (PICS)
Dialogue in the Dark (HK) Foundation (“DIDF”) recognises its responsibilities in relation to the collection, holding, processing or use of personal data under the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance. Personal data will be collected only for lawful and relevant purposes and all practicable steps will be taken to ensure that personal data held by DIDF is accurate. DIDF will take all practicable steps to ensure security of the personal data and to avoid unauthorised or accidental access, erasure or other use. Please note that if you do not provide us with the required personal information, we may not be able to process your donations.
Purpose: From time to time it is necessary for us to use your personal data for the following purposes:
1. To process your donations and issue receipts to you;
2. To establish a relationship and to communicate with you;
3. To send you information and other materials of DIDF;
4. To conduct donor surveys;
5. To meet requirements imposed by law; and
6. Other purposes directly relating to any of the above.
For our policy on using your personal data for promoting our fundraising activities, please see the section entitled “Use of personal data for promoting our fundraising activities” below.
Transfer of personal data: Personal data will be kept confidential but, subject to the provisions of any applicable law, may be:
1. Supplied to any agent, contractor or third party who provides [administration, data processing, telecommunications, computer, payment, call centre services, mailing and printing services] to DIDF or elsewhere and who has a duty of confidentiality to the same; and
2. Disclosed to any government departments or other appropriate governmental or regulatory authorities in Hong Kong or elsewhere
Transfer of your personal data will only be made for one or more of the purposes specified above.
Use of personal data for promoting our fundraising activities: In addition to the proposes set out above, DIDF intends to use your name and contact details for informing you our fundraising activities through sending out promotional materials and/ or contacting you. Before using your personal data for this purpose, we must obtain your consent and may only use your personal data for promoting our fundraising activities after having obtained such consent from you.
You may in future withdraw your consent to our use of your personal data for this purpose and we shall cease using your data for such purpose without charge after receiving of your request. If you wish to withdraw your consent, please inform us by the methods mentioned in the section below.
Access and correction of personal data: Under the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance, you have the right to ascertain whether DIDF holds your personal data, to obtain a copy of the data, and to correct any data that is inaccurate. You may also request DIDF to inform you of the type of personal data held by us. Requests should be addressed in writing to:
Dialogue in the Dark(HK) Foundation Limited
Dream Impact, Unit C, 4/F, 760 Cheung Sha Wan Road, Kowloon
Tel: +852 3996 1939 Email: email@example.com
Fax: +852 3753 2012 Website: http://www.didf.org.hk
Please state your full name and contact details in your requests. A reasonable fee may be charged to offset DIDF’s administrative and actual
costs incurred in complying with your access requests.